Ludum Dare #38 Entry
Sling Ship: Search For A Small World:
Is a about an small exploration space-ship from Earth (our Small World), that was sucked into a black whole on an expedition. With limited power, and only a tractor beam to assist in the journey, the ship and crew must jump between black holes in hopes of making their way back home.
- 6 levels with open ended solutions
- Utilize your tractor beam, and the gravity of planets to make your way across each level
- Your ship will be destroyed if you crash into any planets/asteroids
- You can tractor beam planets but not asteroids (there's 3 asteroids in the first level)
- Game Over if you go outside the play space (unless you're currently latched to a planet)
- Time is limited (Game Over for that level if it reaches zero)
- Beam is limited (But no auto-loss if you run out)
- NOTE: I ensured I was able to pass each level before saving (some are pretty easy, some pretty tough)
Mouse-Click/Tap once to fire tractor beam at a planet
- Think about different level designs based on how the planets react
- Create a level editor
- Improve the position of the Tractor Beam (on moving planets I attached to centre rather than exterior of planet)
- Improve sound
- Implement Score after each level (maybe based on Time Left + Tractor Beam left)
- Create a high score system
- Improve the UI (minimalist maybe)
- Improve how the game looks on mobile (all the UI is very small)
About Me (brief):
I've been playing around with Unity in my spare time for the last 6 months or so. This is my first ever 'complete' game, and I'm proud to have done it in just over 48 hours. This was a challenge, and I found that just getting rolling was one of the hardest parts. I actually started developing two different games through the 48 hours, and what they had in common was utilizing gravity and joint/rope physics. I'm very happy with the result, and hope you enjoy!
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.